Saturday, April 21, 2007

Google docs and Zoho

Okay, my first real attempt at creating a document in Google Docs is now complete. Assuming I did this right, this document will appear in my blog. Yes, I created this blog entry in Google Docs. Ooooooo. Aaaaa. I did notice it saved my document for me often. That's nice. I did discover that if you are typing a document, and then click on one of the tabs, such as Collaborate, if you then click Back, you do not arrive at your document, but at a blank document. You need to click on the Edit tab to get back to the document. Very interesting. Okay, on to part 2.

The format at Zoho is a little better, from my eye. It looks easier to follow and organize. However, I think if I decided to store my documents online, I would choose the largest company which might be the least likely to merge or go away. In first glance, Zoho looks more user friendly. I would have to try them for a while before making up my mind.

Okay, now that it published, I have a couple of comments. It worked pretty well. However, you have to make sure to use Beta version, even though Blogger2 isn't beta anymore. Second, Google continues to say it isn't published to your blog, even after it has been published. Other than that (and the fact you have to give your password to publish, which only makes sense), it works very well.

No comments: