Monday, May 7, 2007

Closing thoughts

Okay, closing thoughts, on the next to the last day.

Let's see, what was my favorite thing that I learned through this project? I think RSS turned out to be the most useful, though I was skeptical about it at the time. In use, it turned out to be pretty interesting.

What would I have thought to do differently? I think I would have liked to have done the E-book first, because it had a direct impact on something the library uses, then launch from there, looking at more unfamiliar technologies, then ended back where we began, with an MP3 player that could download our first assignment.

What future projects could be handled this way? Maybe lessons on how to use library software, databases and catalogs, would work well. And if there's a prize, well, that's not such a bad idea either.

And, to answer the last question, if I could travel back in time and tell myself to complete this project or skip it, I think I would tell myself to go ahead, but to not stress so much over lesson # 19.

One more 2.0 topic I would like to learn? Something along the line of gaming. So many patrons come in with problems connecting to gaming, it would be nice to have some idea what they're talking about. Gaming has changed so much since the gopher days when we gamed without any graphics, just text.

No comments: